Latest News: If you were negatively affected by the criminalization of cannabis, as of January 1, 2022 you can apply to have your state license fee waived. California Department of Cannabis Control - Equity fee waivers
Pasadena Equity is working to replace Pasadena's illegal marijuana market with a locally owned and regulated system that protects public health and safety. Our mission is to educate lawmakers and the community about the societal costs of Pasadena's failed marijuana policies and the benefits of regulating and taxing marijuana similarly to alcohol.
Equity Permit Program
Pasadena should establish an Equity Permit Program for cannabis dispensaries that issues permits to Equity Owners using the following criteria for Equity Owners:
1. Is a Pasadena resident at the time the permit is issued.
2. Has lived in or owned property in Pasadena for five years.
3. Was cited, arrested or convicted for the sale of cannabis alleged to have been committed in Pasadena, California.
4. Owns a minimum of 50% of the operation and maintains operational control.
5. A minimum of fifty (50%) of all permits collectively issued by the City of Pasadena shall be issued to Equity Applicants. This includes permits issued to the initial three (3) dispensaries.